- Clerk of the Circuit Court
- E-Filing Standards
File Size for Illinois Reviewing Courts -The maximum file size for an envelope e-filed through eFileIL to the Supreme Court and Appellate Court Districts is 150mb.
File Size for Illinois Trial Courts -The maximum file size for a document e-filed through eFileIL is 25mb., with maximum envelope size of 50mb.
Electronic Document Format -When possible, the following parameters apply to e-filed documents submitted through eFileIL:
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) PDF.
- Minimum 300 dpi (dots per inch), Maximum 600 dpi –scanned in black /white mode.
- Page Size: 8½ x 11 inches.
- 12 pt. font
- First page, top margin of each e-filed document should be two inches.
- A one-inch page margin on all sides (top, bottom, right and left sides).
- The OCR PDF document should be created directly from the program creating that document, rather than from a scanned image of the document.
Hyperlinks, Security, or Embedded Video or Audio in e-Filed Documents -Hyperlinks to external material contained within an e-filed document are for convenience purposes only and the hyperlinked material is not considered a part of the filing. E-filed documents cannot contain any security or encryption. Embedded audio or video files in PDF document are not allowed.
Filing of Multiple Documents
- Documents with different case numbers must be filed in separate transactions/ envelopes.
- Multiple documents within a single transaction/envelope, combined into a single PDF shall not be accepted. All documents must be submitted as an individual PDF.
Photographs or Graphics -Photographs or graphics shall be permitted to be e-filed. If the graphic or photograph is in color, it shall be filed in color, if possible. Graphics or photographs larger than 8 ½ x 11 inches shall not be e-filed and the filer should contact the court clerk for alternative filing procedures.